The Energy & Utility sector includes facilities for generating, transmitting, and distributing energy of all kinds. This can include facilities for ensuring the water supply and extracting, refining and transporting of petroleum/petroleum products and chemical plants, but also power plants.
All of these assets and systems have one thing in common: gaps in their security or safety can seriously threaten public health, the environment, the economy, or even national or global security. Consequent security, safety and communication challenges are:
- Preventing possible terrorist attacks and vandalism
- Dealing with fire and explosions in harsh environments
- Evacuating in a timely and efficient manner
- Detecting intrusion, sabotage and malicious attacks
- Managing a wide variety of different access authorizations
- Coping with different extreme environments and weather conditions
Bosch offers a wide range of products that includes special products such as explosion protected day/night cameras, infrared illuminators and long-distance cameras. With these products solutions from Bosch Security Systems help Energy & Utility facilities to manage these security, safety and communication challenges.