Providing quality and durable surveillance solutions at Petronas Carigali – Sarawak, Malaysia
Petronas Carigali is the national oil and gas company of Malaysia, wholly-owned by the Government of Malaysia. It is among the FORTUNE Global 500® companies and operates with many subsidiaries and associated companies. With operations this large, Petronas needed a way to monitor its various equipments effectively, as well as to deter any possible intrusions from unauthorized personnel.
Initial Business Objective
- With operations this large, Petronas needed a way to monitor its various equipments effectively, as well as to deter any possible intrusions from unauthorized personnel.To achieve this, the surveillance cameras needed to perform well even under low light conditions, due to the working environment within the facility. Clarity of the images captured was important to them also, as they needed to identify the various personnel moving around the vicinity. In certain areas more prone to explosions, like the refinery machinery and gas piping areas, the cameras needed to be explosion-proof as well. With such objectives in mind, the Utility Engineer Team from Petronas looked towards Bosch for an integrated solution to their needs.
- The MIC explosion proof series managed to meet all the stringent requirements set out by the end-users and greatly impressed them after Bosch conducted a Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) with the cameras for 5 days, explaining and demonstrating to the end-users the camera’s quality and features.
- Bosch’s Autodome CCTV systems were installed around the parameter fencing while the MIC explosion proof series were installed in key areas such as the refinery machinery and gas piping areas. The camera systems were managed with the Divar-700 series digital recorders, which provided hybrid functionality and highly efficient H.264 video compression to deliver real-time, 4CIF performance on all channels.
- The competitive price and advanced features of Bosch’s CCTV systems ultimately won the end-users over and cemented their decision to go with Bosch’s solutions.
Additional Customer Benefit
- The MIC explosion proof series had a wider view angle than other competitors and this made surveillance a lot more efficient for end-users. Also, the all-in-one features of the series made it cost effective for the end-users in comparison with competitor products.
- The image quality from the cameras was high and the cameras performed very well even in low light conditions.
Key Success Factors
- Support from Bosch on training
MIC Explosion Proof Series
The MIC Series explosion-protected camera has been designed to offer an extremely reliable, robust, and high quality surveillance solution for potentially volatile security applications that demand the very best performance.
PTZ Analog Domes
The AutoDome series is an easy to install PTZ camera that delivers superb video in all indoor and outdoor applications.
Digital Video Recorders
The DIVAR series of products are renowned for being easy-to-use, fully-featured and robust enterprise-level solutions for any installation size.
Global Reference List
Find more references in the Global Reference List
Find reference videos, product movies and more in the video portal